The Stratford Festival is a repertory theatre festival, permanently located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. Our mission is to produce the best works of theatre in the classical and contemporary repertoire, with special emphasis on the works of William Shakespeare, to the highest standards possible.
A national institution of international renown, the Festival is committed to maintaining and promoting the highest level of artistic excellence, to cultivating the widest possible audience and to providing theatre-related education and training for Canadian artists. In our creative exploration of the great works of the dramatic imagination, we aim to rediscover and reinvent those works for each new age, in order that they may continue to entertain, enlighten and inspire audiences of all ages and origins.
We are keenly aware of our responsibility as a national institution and Canada’s largest theatre, in developing and showcasing Canadian talent and setting the standard for artistic excellence in all aspects of our work both here and abroad.
In its pursuit of these goals, the Festival will:
- Attract and support the world’s best talent.
- Nurture and train Canadian talent.
- Ensure that every aspect of the theatre-going experience is of the same standard of excellence as the work that appears on our stages.
- Attract and develop new audiences while retaining the loyalty of existing patrons.
- Secure the future of this unique cultural resource by maintaining its season-to-season fiscal health, and providing for its long-term economic stability.
The Tempest, The Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, Julius Caesar, The Music Man, The Rocky Horror Show, Long Day's Journey Into Night, An Ideal Husband, To Kill a Mockingbird, Napoli Milionaria!, Bronte: The World Without, Paradise Lost
- Year Founded: 1953
- Annual Budget: $62,000,000
- Season Starts: April
- Season Ends: November
- Engagement Contracts:
Festivals & Special Events:
The Forum - over 150 ancillary events based on the playbill's themes designed to enhance our patrons' experience
New Play Development Activities:
Workshops, commissions, readings, annual Playwrights Retreat
The Birmingham Conservatory for Classical Theatre
The Michael Langham Workshop for Classical Direction
- Antoni CimolinoArtistic Director
- Anita GaffneyExecutive Director
- Number of Mainspace seats: 1800
- Number of Studio seats: 280
Venue rental Information:Venue rentals: yes
- Venue rental contact phone: 519-271-4040 ex 2344
- Venue rental contact email: email@example.com
Other rental Information:Other rentals:
- Other rental contact phone: 519-271-4040 ex 4317
- Other rental contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org