At the School of Creative and Performing Arts we are celebrating the distinctiveness of our three disciplines of dance, drama and music and exploring uncharted interdisciplinary terrain. With focused emphasis on the physical and intellectual demands required for the creation, performance, and study of artistic process and works, we are a home both for individuals seeking to become rigorously trained, keenly independent and sophisticated artists as well as those aspiring to become intellectually agile, deeply engaged and creative scholars.
The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare, is a story of prejudice, social injustice, money and love. When a merchant must default on a large loan from a Jewish moneylender for a friend with romantic ambitions, the fiercely unforgiving creditor demands a grim payment instead.
Starring one of Canada’s most renowned stage actors Seana McKenna as Shylock and under the deft direction of one of America’s most powerful, innovative leaders, Carey Perloff.
Presented by The Shakespeare Company with Hit & Myth, in partnership with the University of Calgary Division of Drama, School of Creative and Performing Arts.
Find out more: bit.ly/scpamov
Oct. 18–26 in the University Theatre
- Phone Number (admin): 4032204999
- Phone Number (ticketing): 4032204901
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Season Starts: October
- Season Ends: May
- Bruce BartonDirector
- Clem MartiniInterim Chair of Drama
- Christine BrubakerArtistic Director
- Mainspace: Yes
- Studio space: Yes
- Rehersal space: Yes
- Other space: Yes
Venue rental Information:Venue rentals: yes
- Venue rental contact name: David Fraser
- Venue rental contact title: Manager, Venue and Client Relations
- Venue rental contact phone: 4032204920
- Venue rental contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org