Under the leadership of Artistic Director Dennis Garnhum and Executive Director Deb Harvey, the Grand is a leading cultural hub proudly located in the heart of downtown London, Ontario. The Grand offers diverse, relevant, and original stories from around the globe through collaborations with national and international performing arts organizations and is committed to developing, producing, and premiering original homegrown stories through COMPASS, a New Play Development Program. The Grand supports educational programming and youth mentorship such as The High School Project, the only program of its kind in North America, and 100 Schools, a new community initiative that brings professional theatre to London-area schools in 2018 at no cost.
- Season Starts: September
- Season Ends: May
- Engagement Contracts:
New Play Development Activities:
COMPASS New Play Development Program is dedicated to creating and premiering new work on our stages. We are world curious and London proud and this program reflects our belief that in order to be a relevant theatre company, we must develop and premiere our stories on our stages.
The Grand will commission, write, produce, and premiere original plays that are relevant to our city, our province, and our country. And while these homegrown plays will begin here, our stories will be shared with theatres and stages around the world.
COMPASS is dedicated to igniting imaginations by bringing a modern, unconventional, and brand new sense of theatre engagement to London.
- Dennis GarnhumArtistic Director
- Deb HarveyExecutive Director
- Lyndee HansenProduction Manager
- Jackie JohnstonDirector of Finance
- Number of Mainspace seats: 839
- Number of Studio seats: 144
Venue rental Information:Venue rentals: yes
- Venue rental contact name: Karen Killeen
- Venue rental contact email: email@example.com
Playwrights:Accept unsolicited scripts: no
- Policies: We make every effort to stay informed about professional playwrights as well as with plays in production and development across the country. Script submissions are accepted from literary agents, literary managers, play development centres, artistic directors, and playwrights with work familiar to our artistic staff. We do not respond to unsolicited scripts. To propose a script submission for production consideration or development, please send the following materials by email in PDF: A one-paragraph synopsis of the play Background about its development to date A cast breakdown Bios of the playwright(s), and key creative collaborators (if applicable) If available, a short excerpt from the script (10 pages max.) Musical projects should also include a link to an online source for selected songs If we are interested in further information, a full length script will be requested upon review of these materials. Scripts and development proposals will not receive dramaturgical feedback. Due to the high volume of scripts received and amount of activity during our production season, response time can take several months. Please send script submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “submission” in the subject line. For play development inquiries please contact Megan Watson, Artistic Associate, at 519-672-9030 ext. 223 or email@example.com