Bard on the Beach was established in 1990 with a mandate to provide Vancouver residents and tourists with affordable, accessible Shakespearean productions of the finest quality.
Mission: To perform, explore and celebrate the genius of William Shakespeare.
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival’s 30th Season runs from June 5 to Sept 21, 2019 in two modern theatre tents in a spectacular waterfront setting in Vancouver’s Vanier Park.
On the BMO Mainstage, it’s The Taming of the Shrew, inspired by Bard’s 2007 Wild West production, a hilarious runaway hit; it plays in repertory with the Elizabethan-era romantic comedy, Shakespeare in Love. On the Howard Family Stage there are two new innovative productions: Shakespeare’s All’s Well That Ends Well, set in India in the 1940s, and Coriolanus, a no-holds-barred political tragedy filled with resonance for our time.
- Phone Number (admin): 604-737-0625
- Phone Number (ticketing): 604-739-0559
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Year Founded: 1990
- Season Starts: June
- Season Ends: September
Festivals & Special Events:
Bard’s other key elements include education and training initiatives for both the artistic community and the general community at large.
- Christopher GazeArtistic Director
- Claire SakakiExecutive Director
- Rehersal space: Yes
Venue rental Information:Venue rentals: yes
- Venue rental contact name: Stacey Menzies
- Venue rental contact title: Operations Manager
- Venue rental contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other rental Information:Other rentals:
- Other rental contact name: Amy McDougall
- Other rental contact title: Head of Wardrobe
- Other rental contact email: email@example.com
Actors:Accept Resumés: yes
- General auditions: yes
- General auditions guidelines: Bard on the Beach engages professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association. General Auditions are held by appointment each year (our deadline for submission for the 2018 Season has passed). Deadlines and submission procedures for next year will be posted here when available.
- Contact name: Rhea Shroff
- Contact Title: Company & Education Manager
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org