Mandate: Touchstone Theatre develops and presents professional theatrical productions. We explore the contemporary Canadian play through content and form. We stimulate public interest in Canadian cultural perspectives.
For over 42 years Touchstone Theatre has been a mainstay of theatrical innovation and excellence on the West Coast. The company’s all-Canadian mandate has helped develop and launch some of the country’s most important playwrights and actors, and its substantial body of work has garnered over 75 local and national awards. Now in its fifth decade of production Touchstone remains a lightning rod of theatrical activity. Its purely Canadian focus makes it essential in the region, and its reputation for excellence has earned the respect of audiences, critics, and colleagues.
2018-2019 Season Announcement coming soon.
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year Founded: 1976
- Season Starts: October
- Season Ends: June
- Engagement Contracts:
- Affiliations & Memberships (other than PACT): Alliance for Arts and Culture, GVPTA
Festivals & Special Events:
In Tune: a biennial event for the development of new Canadian musicals. Since 2011, In Tune has been the launching pad for homegrown hits like Onegin, The Best Laid Plans: a Musical, and Love Bomb, while remaining a celebrated destination for strengthening individual artists’ musical theatre practices.
Next In Tune in June 2019
New Play Development Activities:
Flying Start: bringing an aspiring professional playwright, from final draft to premiere. Over the course of two years, the selected writer receives commission money to finish off a new script, dramaturgical support and workshopping, which then leads to a full professional production. Previous writers have been Jason Bryden, Sally Stubbs, Peter Boychuk, Briana Brown, Jordan Hall and Amy Lee Lavoie.
Next callout for plays in Fall 2018
- Roy SuretteArtistic Director
- Amy Lynn StrilchukGeneral Manager
Playwrights:Accept unsolicited scripts: yes
- Policies: Emerging Playwrights: Any writer who has not received a premiere professional production (by a Canada Council-funded organization) is welcome to submit their play at any time. Email your cover letter and script to email@example.com. We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. Established Playwrights: Unfortunately, we cannot accept unsolicited manuscripts. Playwrights should email a synopsis of their play to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request the entire script if we are interested.